Model : Jeol JEM-2100 Plus
Role of the Equipment
Transmission Electron Microscopy (TEM) combined with an ultrafast femtosecond laser for ultrafast dynamic analysis.
Chemical characterization by Electron Energy Loss Spectroscopy (EELS).
• Electron gun: - LaB6 emitter
- Accelerating voltage: 60 kV to 200 kV
• Resolution: - in trasnmission mode = 0.14 nm at 200 kV
- in scanning transmission mode= 2.0 nm at 200 kV
• Magnification: x30 to x18,000,000
• Gif from Gatan (EELS, EFTEM, STEM)
• Orius and Ultrascan1000 cameras from Gatan
Examples available processes and services
• Ultrathin sample observations (< 100 nm)
• Elemental analysis with EELS and EFTEM
• Ultrafast dynamic analysis (temporal resolution ~ 1 ps and spatial resolution > 1 nm)
Contact : Patrick Soucy